Waukesha County, WI Modification of Orders Lawyer

Waukesha County, WI Modification of Orders Lawyer

When an existing court order is inadequate, our family law attorneys can help you make the necessary changes.

In Wisconsin family law cases, court orders that are issued by the judge can impact you for years to come. They can jeopardize your rights as a parent, as well as your financial security. In the aftermath of a divorce. In these situations, our Waukesha County, WI order modification attorneys are here to assist you. At MacGillis Wiemer, LLC, we have more than a decade of experience serving clients in our area, and can help you build a solid case for getting an existing order changed.

Getting an Order Modified in Your Case

At MacGillis Wiemer, LLC., we have the legal knowledge and skill to help you get a modification when the circumstances warrant it. Before deciding on a course of action, we can sit down with you for a one-on-one meeting, carefully reviewing your current court order and the situation surrounding when it was issued.

As experienced Waukesha County, WI family law and order modification attorneys, we have earned a well-respected reputation within the legal community and among court personnel, which benefits you when changes do need to be made. Under Wisconsin Court guidelines, we may be able to request an order modification on your behalf in the following types of cases:

  • Divorce;
  • Marital Property and Asset Division;
  • Spousal Maintenance;
  • Child Custody and Visitation;
  • Child Support;
  • Pre or Post Marital Agreements;
  • Judgements in adoptions and other family court cases.

Court Order Modifications in Waukesha County

In family court cases, orders issued by the judge must be in compliance with the Wisconsin Statutes. Once a judgment is issued, it can prove challenging to go back and have it changed. However, there are situations in which circumstances warrant adjustments, or when new information in your case is brought to light. In these cases, you may be entitled to request a modification of an existing order.

When filing the legal documents needed for a modification, the reasons for making the request must be clearly stated and well documented. At MacGillis Wiemer, LLC, our Waukesha County, WI order modification attorneys provide the knowledgeable, experienced legal representation you need throughout this process. Ways in which we may be able to assist you include:

  • Requesting changes in how marital property is divided based on new evidence or previously undisclosed assets;
  • Requesting that an order for spousal support be stopped or started, based on changes in needs;
  • Requesting changes in child custody, based on circumstances that may put the child in danger;
  • Requesting changes in child support, based on job losses, fluctuations in income, or previously unpaid amounts of support.

Contact Our Waukesha County, WI Order Modification Attorneys Today

At MacGillis Wiemer, LLC, we work to protect the rights and interests of clients in a variety of cases. If you have a current court order in place and wish to make changes to it, contact our Waukesha County, WI order modification attorneys and request a consultation to discuss how we can help you today.