Fox Point WI Child Custody
Fox Point WI Child Custody
In matters that have the potential to jeopardize your relationship with your child and your rights as a parent, our Fox Point, WI child custody attorneys provide the professional legal guidance you need.
Child custody cases are among the most sensitive dealt with in the Wisconsin courts. When disputes arise between you and the other parent regarding where the child will live or visitation agreements, you need an experienced Fox Point, WI child custody attorney on your side. At MacGillis Wiemer, LLC, we provide the aggressive legal representation you need in these situations. Serving clients throughout our area for over a decade, we can help protect your rights as a parent in proceedings which have the potential to impact your relationship with your child, now and in the years to come.
Professional Legal Representation in Child Custody Cases
Child custody issues can arise in cases involving single parents and in those in which married couples are seeking a divorce. Even if you and the other parent are able to reach an informal agreement in these situations, having a formal court order in place helps to ensure that both you and your child are protected.
At MacGillis Wiemer, LLC., our Fox Point, WI child custody attorneys have the legal expertise needed to guide you through these proceedings. In general, the court’s aim is to encourage both parties to remain active and engaged in their role as parents. However, under Section 767.41 of the Wisconsin Statutes, factors the court will consider in issuing an order include:
- The current and prior role each parent plays in the child’s life;
- The ability of each party to provide for the child’s physical, emotional, and developmental needs;
- The willingness of each parent to work with the other in terms of custody arrangements;
- Any circumstances that could put the child in jeopardy, such as drug or alcohol abuse or accusations of domestic violence.
We Defend Your Rights in Wisconsin Child Custody Proceedings
With over a decade of experience handling child custody cases throughout the family court system, MacGillis Wiemer, LLC is your best choice to ensure your rights as a parent are protected during these proceedings.
As experienced Fox Point, WI child custody attorneys, we can negotiate on your behalf in terms of creating a Wisconsin parenting plan, which must be submitted to the court. A parenting plan provides details regarding important child custody arrangements, which include:
- Whether the child will have one primary residence;
- Visitation rights on weeknights and weekends;
- How time with the child will be divided on holidays, birthdays, school breaks, and other special occasions;
- Legal authority in making decisions regarding the child, such as concerning education, healthcare, and religious upbringing.
Let Our Fox Point, WI Child Custody Attorneys Assist You
In cases in which your rights as a parent and your relationship with your child could be affected, MacGillis Wiemer, LLC. acts as a strong legal advocate on your side. To discuss your situation and how we can help with our Fox Point, WI child custody attorneys, call or contact our office online and request a consultation today.