Modification & Enforcement
Milwaukee Attorneys Helping Clients Modify and Enforce Family Court Orders
At MacGillis Wiemer, LLC, we take a straightforward and common-sense approach to family law matters, including the modification and enforcement of existing divorce decrees. We are pragmatic, effective and creative trial lawyers who are always willing and able to protect your rights before a judge and jury. We built our successful practice by combining tireless preparation with attention to detail. We employ cutting-edge technology to provide a high level of support to our clients and reduce our use of paper and other resources so that we can minimize our environmental footprint.
Our Divorce Modification and Enforcement Practice
We work with men or women in modification and enforcement proceedings, representing parties bringing an action as well as those seeking to defend an attempt to modify or enforce a final court order. We handle proceedings involving enforcement of modification of child support, custody or visitation. We will prepare and file all documentation required by the courts and will be your advocate in all meetings or hearings.
We know that modification requests can stem from a variety of circumstances, including:
- The loss of a job by the custodial or the noncustodial parent
- A job promotion or change that makes it difficult or impossible to honor existing custody or visitation agreements
- Health issues that affect the ability of a parent to work or to care for minor children
- A request to relocate, by either parent, for any reason, including work or a desire to be closer to family (There is a specific protocol that must be followed if you are moving out of state or more than 150 miles away.)
- The changing needs of a minor child
Our lawyers also represent clients in enforcement proceedings. The state has the power and authority to collect unpaid child support, but the process can take a significant amount of time. We can help you move quickly to enforce the court’s judgment.
Contact MacGillis Wiemer, LLC
We provide a free initial consultation. To arrange a meeting with an experienced Wisconsin family law modification and enforcement lawyer, contact us online or call our office at 414-727-5150 . Evening and weekend appointments are available upon request. We welcome the use of credit cards in payment of services rendered.